Apply now! Click here to submit an application.
Spend your summer in Asheville with FREE housing and a flexible schedule! Orientation Assistants will spend their Summer assisting the Office of Student Transitions and Family Programs in prepping for and running programs for incoming students and their families. This position is a great opportunity for those looking to grow their leadership skills, get more engaged in the UNCA community, learn more about the campus and community, build relationships with peers and campus partners, and for those looking to have a fun Summer in Asheville!
Being a part of the Orientation Team not only means being in Asheville this Summer, but also the opportunity to influence the next group of incoming students at UNC Asheville! Orientation Assistants aid new students and their families into campus life by sharing important information about resources and support services. It is a great opportunity to meet new people, grow as a leader, and have a great time doing so!
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
FREE Summer Housing- Work begins in June (as indicated by the timeline below), but we are willing to work with individuals who need housing starting in May.
Meals during Summer Programming
$12/hr pay for new employees, +$1/hr for each summer you return to the position [estimated 100-150 hours for the full Summer]
- flexible schedule outside of the program dates listed below to accommodate summer classes or other summer responsibilities
- Attend a Leadership Conference for Orientation Leaders in colleges across the South East, at no cost to you!
- PAID training meetings during the Spring and Early Summer focused on program training as well as general leadership skills
- Connections with Campus Resources facilitated through paid training and Orientation programming
Free UNCA SWAG
- March 19th 5:30-6:30pm
- March 26th 5:30-6:30pm
- April 2nd 5:30-6:30pm
- April 9th 5:30-6:30pm
- April 16th 5:30-6:30pm
- April 23rd 5:30-6:30pm
- 4th-7th Summer Training[REQUIRED]
- Start of Office Hours- these office hours are flexible and will continue from this date until August EmBark, you can get between 5-15 hours of work each week depending on what the tasks are that need completed
- 17th, 24th, and 29th Summer Welcome Days- single days where students and their families can visit campus and connect with resources. We will not need the full team to work these days, so there is flexibility with which days you work.
- 24th-29th Pre-Orientation – Week-long programs where incoming students stay on campus and participate in engaging activities both on campus and in the Asheville community. Leaders work with a small group of students throughout the full week. There is flexibility in leading a program either this week or the week in July. [21st Training Day exclusively required for leaders working this week of Pre-Orientation]
- Office hours- all month
- 12th Summer Welcome Day for Transfer Students- day where Transfer students and their families can visit campus and connect with resources. We will not need the full team to work this day.
- 14th-19th Pre-Orientation [11th – Training Day exclusively required for leaders working this week of Pre-Orientation]
- 14th-18th August EmBark [REQUIRED] The full team is required to work August EmBark. [13th Training Day to review the EmBark schedule and answer any questions]