Getting to Know Campus
Can I park on campus?
Where can I park on campus?
- Non-Resident Students may park in any non-resident or all permit lots. They may also park in Faculty/Staff lots from 5pm – 7:00am Monday through Friday, on weekends, and official holidays. Note: Parking is enforced when class is not in session!
- You can locate all the parking lots on campus using the interactive map by searching “parking” in the search bar
What is the commuter cart?
- The commuter cart is a cart that sits just outside of our office (Highsmith 301) with essentials like snacks, hygiene care, pain medicine, band aids, and other supplies that students who have to travel to campus could benefit from having available. You can stop by the cart any time M-F 9-5pm and grab what you need!
Is there anywhere I can store stuff on campus?
- Students can use the lockers outside of our office (Highsmith 301). Just email email@example.com and ask for a locker code.
- Students can use the lockers outside of the Key Center! Bring your own lock and make sure you clear out your locker before you leave campus at the end of the day.
Are there public transportation options that run through campus?
Can I use the Health and Counseling services on campus?
- Yes! All students are entitled to use the Health & Counseling Center free of charge. Most services are provided free of charge or at a nominal fee. Learn more here.
Getting to know Campus
Where are good places to study on campus?
- Ramsey Library is a great place to study on campus! You can see their hours and floor guides here.
Are there places to hangout on campus between classes?
- Highsmith Student Union offers tons of cool lounge areas where you and your friends can hang out and talk or you can sit and do your homework.
- The botanical gardens are a great place to be able to walk around and check out nature without having to leave campus.
- Grab a smoothie from Smoothie Lab at Ramsey Library and hang out on the quad.
Are there computers on campus available for student use?
- Desktop computers are available for student use in the library and laptops are available to be checked-out. You can find more information here.
How will I know if there are university closures before I arrive at campus?
- You can register for Bulldog Alerts to stay up to date on campus operational status or hear the latest updates by calling the university inclement weather line at 828.258.7985
How can I find events happening on campus?
- You can see a calendar of all University Events on the front page of OnePort.
How can I get more involved?
- If you’re interested in joining a student organization or seeing what events are being held by student organizations on campus, check out UNCA Now!
- Download the Raftr app! Raftr is a great place to connect with peers who have similar interests. If there are no active groups you want to join, you can create your own.
Where should I look for on-campus jobs?
- To see what opportunities are available for on campus employment, please check out Handshake. If you would like help in applying or creating a resume/cover letter, contact the Career Center or stop by their office, Highsmith 224.
Can I get a meal plan if I’m not living on campus?
- Yes! If you are interested in having a meal plan, but do not live on campus, you can find more information here.
What are all the on-campus food options?
- Brown Hall: Buffet-style dining hall, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
- Highsmith Union Food Court: A-la-carte meals in a variety of flavors, including made-to-order flatbread pizza and salads, sushi, and American comfort food.
- Wild Blue: Sushi options in the Sherrill Center’s Wellness Café.
- The Down Under: Snacks, made-to-order subs and salads, and Starbucks coffee drinks. Find it on the bottom floor of Ponder Hall.
- Smoothie Lab: Located in Ramsey Library, Smoothie Lab features an array of creative smoothies, acai bowls, yogurt parfaits, pastries, a coffee bar, and select grab-and-go meal options.
- Roasted, serving locally-roasted Dynamite coffee and other coffee beverages, pastries, and snacks. Find it in Highsmith Union.
- Visit our Dining website for daily menus, and learn more about how we accommodate food allergies and sensitivities.
What are some good and close off-campus food options?
- Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co
- Del Vecchios
- White Duck Taco Shop
- Rosetta’s Kitchen & The Buchi Bar
- Roman’s Deli & Catering
- Papa’s & Beer
- Blue Dream Curry House