Military and Veterans Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I learn more about the benefits available to me?

Who should I contact if I have specific questions about my benefits?

  • Contact Amanda Deweese, the Student Service Specialist and VA Certifying Officer, through or 828-251-6574

I am about to graduate, what is the process for receiving my cords?

  • You can find more information about receiving graduation cords here.

How can I find events happening on campus?

  • You can see a calendar of all University Events on the front page of OnePort.

How can I connect with other Veteran  students?

  • Hang out in the Veteran Center! Located on the first floor of Highsmith Student Union (room 118), there’s space to hangout, study, or meet up with friends.
  • Download the Raftr app! Raftr is a great place to connect with peers who have similar interests. If there are no active groups you want to join, you can create your own.