All incoming students are required to attend EmBark Orientation. First-Year students are required to attend all of August EmBark. There are options for incoming Transfer Students. Transfers can participate in EmBark as a typical First-Year student or attend a modified version of EmBark as detailed below.
Students joining in Spring ’24
Students joining us for Spring 2024 will be required to attend a one-day Orientation on January 12th, 2024. Registration will open for EmBark on November 1st. Please check back here for more details soon and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Students joining in Fall ’24
We are currently planning EmBark Orientation 2024! We will update this site soon with dates and details. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions!
- Summer Welcome Days
- Optional Days in June where students and supporters can come to campus, meet staff, faculty, and students, and get any questions answered! There will be opportunities during the day to learn the layout of campus, connect with resources, and see inside your future Residence Hall room!
- EmBark Orientation
- EmBark Orientation will occur August 14th-17th, 2024. Students living on campus will move in on August 14th and transition to check-in and kick-off EmBark. EmBark programming will span the full day for the 15th-17th. Students will have a break on August 18th to prepare for classes beginning on the 19th.
- EmBark Orientation is required for all incoming students, both first-time First Year students and incoming Transfer Students. During EmBark Orientation, students will have the opportunity to connect with peers in the incoming class, learn how to navigate campus for their first day of classes, meet important Staff and Faculty, and so much more!
- Post-Baccalaureate Students are welcome to join us, but are not required to attend EmBark Orientation.
- Pre-Orientation programs are optional, week-long experiences that will occur in June, July, and August. Pre-Orientation is a great way to come to campus early and connect with other incoming students. In June and July, students will stay on campus and participate in engaging activities in the Asheville community. Program topics consist of music, art, community engagement, and sustainability. In August, students will stay in the wilderness and participate in exciting activities like hiking, climbing and rafting.
- Learn more about Pre-Orientation and the registration process here!
Incoming Transfer Students
The office of Student Transitions and Family Programs recognizes that Transfer Students come to UNCA with many different previous college experiences and current needs. Because of this, we are offering options to Transfer Students joining us in Fall 2024! Incoming Transfer students are welcome to join us for as many of our Summer Welcome actives as they would like, but are only required to attend one of the following experiences:
- Summer Welcome Day
- As described above, transfer students can join us on campus for an early, and abbreviated Orientation experience.
- Transfer Student Welcome Day
- Please check back closer to the Summer for exact date and details. Transfer students will have the opportunity to join us for a half-day of programming, more conducive to students working full-time. Students will come to campus, learn about important resources and connect with staff and faculty.
- August EmBark
- As described in the above section, Transfer students may join us for the programming in August before classes begin.