During EmBark Orientation, you will receive many resources and pieces of information. For your convenience, we have consolidated those prepared resources for you here.
For GPS use, the university’s address is One University Heights, Asheville, NC 28804. You can also use our driving directions:
From the North (on I-26): Take Exit 25 for NC-251. Turn left at the traffic light at the end of the ramp onto Broadway Street/NC-251. Turn left at second traffic light onto WT Weaver Boulevard (approximately 1/2 mile). Proceed 1/3 mile to traffic circle. Take the second exit onto University Heights to enter the UNC Asheville campus.
From the South (on I-26): Take Exit 4A (on the left) onto I-26W/US-19N/US-23N/US-70W toward Weaverville. Take Exit 25 for NC-251. Veer right at the end of the ramp onto Broadway Street/NC-251. Turn left at second traffic light onto WT Weaver Boulevard (approximately 1/2 mile). Proceed 1/3 mile to traffic circle. Take the second exit onto University Heights to enter the UNC Asheville campus.
From the West (on I-40): Take Exit 46B (on the left) for I-240E/I-26W toward Asheville. Take Exit 4A (on the left) onto I-26W/US-19N/US-23N/US-70W toward Weaverville. Take Exit 25 for NC-251. Turn right at the end of the ramp onto Broadway Street/NC-251. Turn left at second traffic light onto WT Weaver Boulevard (approximately 1/2 mile). Proceed 1/3 mile to traffic circle. Take the second exit onto University Heights to enter the UNC Asheville campus.
From the East (on I-40): Take Exit 53B for I-240W toward Asheville. Take Exit 5A for Merrimon Avenue/US-25. Turn left at 3rd traffic light onto WT Weaver Boulevard (approximately 1 mile). Proceed 1/2 mile to traffic circle. Take the first exit onto University Heights to enter the UNC Asheville campus.
Parking for EmBark
For students and parents/family members:
Directions if you are entering campus via W.T. Weaver Boulevard:
Once you are on W.T. Weaver Boulevard, drive to the roundabout, which serves as the main entrance of campus (you will see a large UNC Asheville sign at the roundabout). Follow the signage that will lead you up the hill on University Heights. Once you are at the top of the hill, you will need to veer to the right. Afterward, you will take the first road on your left (which continues as University Heights). You will ascend a steep hill and then, as you begin to descend, the designated parking for EmBark Orientation will be on your right (Parking lots P11 and P12). Student staff will be available in this area to assist you in finding a parking space.
Directions if you are entering campus via Campus Drive:
Campus Drive is accessible via Broadway Street. Once on Campus Drive, you will ascend a hill that initially has a small incline (which will increase as you make your way further up the drive). When you reach the stop sign (near the top of the hill), take a sharp right turn. Parking lots P11 and P12 will be on your left. Student staff will be available in this area to assist you in finding a parking space.
All students, faculty and staff are issued a OneCard when they become part of UNC Asheville's campus community. Your OneCard serves as your campus ID and debit card that can be used for on-campus purchases and payments.
During EmBark Orientation, students will be taking their picture for their OneCard. Please have photo identification with you such as a driver’s license or college identification card. For more information about the OneCard, please visit the OneCard webpage.
Check out our Orientation Handbook as it serves as a great resource for what will be addressed during EmBark Orientation.
Health and Counseling Center Information
Health and Counseling Center
118 W.T. Weaver Boulevard
Immunization q's: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Insurance Requirement
- Students must have health insurance if they are degree-seeking and they are taking 6 or more credit hours.
- The following classifications are not considered degree seeking and they are not required to have health insurance - visiting students, teacher licensure, single semester study abroad students, post baccalaureate students who are not degree seeking, and students taking less than 6 hours of credit.
- You can meet this requirement by applying for an insurance waiver or by enrolling in the Student Blue plan offered through the UNC system. This must be completed by September 1, 2019.
- In order to demonstrate proof of health insurance, you must go to the following website and enter your current information to apply for the waiver: studentbluenc.com/#/unca
- Students who want to enroll in the Student Blue through Blue Cross of North Carolina can go to the website above and enroll in the insurance. There is also a description of the benefits and coverage at this sight.
All students must meet the immunization requirements as defined in the North Carolina statutes. These requirements are as follows:
- 3 doses of DPT, Td, or Tdap - One dose must be in last 10 years
- 2 doses of measles mumps, and rubella
- 3 doses of polio
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B (If born after July 1, 1994)
- Chicken Pox Vaccine (or proof from Doctor that you have had Chicken Pox)
Please note: North Carolina law prohibits us from accepting immunization records that are part of high school transcripts. The immunization records must be on a healthcare provider’s letterhead and include immunizations received, date given, and a provider signature.
- The following students are exempt from this immunization requirement: students only taking evening or weekend courses and students who are taking no more than 4 credit hours on campus.
Questions: Contact Jay Cutspec at 828-251-6868 or email@example.com
1st floor, Brown Hall
Access WiFi for Students and Campus Guests
- Connect to the "UNCA_Setup" network.
- Visit wifi.unca.edu in your web browser.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Family Members and Guests
To access UNC Asheville Guest Wireless please connect your device to UNCA_Wifi with the password listed at https://www3.unca.edu/guestwifi/
If you have trouble connecting to the wireless network:
- Visit the ITS Service Desk in Ramsey Library behind the Reference Desk
- Call 828.251.6445.